Deb found this recipe on Kraft Canada site and wanted to try it. I went out and got what we didn’t have and prepared it for her lunch Monday. It is a easy recipe not complicated or a lot of work and she has really enjoyed it. I made the full recipe so she had plenty to use over the last few days. Here is picture of the final product.
- 1/4 cup Kraft Calorie-Wise Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (we had the regular one)
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 large baking potato peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Litre of water
- 3 cups low salt chicken broth
- 1 can (14 fl oz/398 ml) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry lentils (we used split red lentils)
- 4 cups tightly packed kale
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated cheese
- Heat dressing in Dutch oven or deep large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add carrots, potatoes and onions
- Cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, bay leaf and paprika.
- Cook and stir for 2 min..
- Add water, broth, tomatoes and lentils and stir and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium-low heat 30 to 35 min. or until lentils are softened.
- Stir in kale and cook for 5 min.
- Discard bay leaf ( i did this just before adding the kale easier to find)
- Serve soup topped with cheese.