While flipping through a magazine, I saw a quick recipe for Chicken Stir Fry. It said to cook a bag of cole slaw mix in some oil, then add shredded rotisserie chicken and some stir fry sauce, then serve it.
That sounded easy, so I tried it, with a few variations. It was delicious, and you can see the before and after pictures below.
You could add a few more vegetables, if you had some on hand, to add more colour or crunch.
- 1/2 of a 16 oz bag of Colourful Cole Slaw Mix
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 0.5 lb chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp Frank’s Hot Sauce
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high
- Add the chicken, and stir fry for about 5 minutes, until almost cooked through
- Add the cole slaw mix, and stir fry for 3 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients, to make a sauce
- Add the sauce to the frying pan, and stir for 1-2 minutes, to heat through.
- Serve and eat immediately.
Here are most of the ingredients, when I was getting ready to cook.
Here is the finished Chicken Stir Fry, ready to eat.