The original version of this recipe is in Meat Lover’s Slow Cooker Cookbook, and I’ve adapted it to serve 2 people, instead of 6 servings.
This has a short cooking time, so it’s perfect if you work from home, or for a weekend. Put it in the slow cooker after lunch, and it will be ready at suppertime.
I’ll make this in our Instant Pot, so it can be browned and slow cooked in the same place. Fewer pots to clean up!
Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 4-6 hours on Low
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (1-inch-thick) sirloin pork chops
- 1 large, unpeeled Idaho Yukon Gold potato
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- Scrub the potatoes, but don’t peel them
- Cut potatoes into long wedges
- Mince the garlic clove
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper
- Cut the lemon into 4 thin slices
- In a multi-function slower cooker, or on the stovetop in a heavy frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the seasoned pork chops, and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, to brown them
- If browed in the slow cooker, transfer the pork chops to a plate, and turn off the browning function.
- Spread the potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, and put the pork chops on top of them.
- Add the garlic, oregano, lemon slices, salt, pepper, wine, and chicken stock
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Remove the lemon slices
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed
- Serve immediately, and spoon any extra cooking liquid over the pork chops and potatoes