We’ve made this recipe several times, and always enjoyed it. It’s tasty, and quick to make, so I’ve revised the original recipe, to serve just the two of us.
Quick and Creamy Chicken Stew
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Serves 2
- 2 small potatoes
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 can (10 oz can) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/4 cup Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese
- Cut the potatoes into quarters
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, and cook about 7 minutes, until evenly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes into a microwaveable dish
- Add water, and cover
- Microwave on High for about 4 minutes, until potatoes are tender
- Add potatoes, soup, dressing and vegetables to the saucepan.
- Bring to boil and then cover.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is done and the vegetables are heated through.
- Stir in the cream cheese
- Cook for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 360 per 1-1/2 cup serving.