My sister sent me this recipe, and I was skeptical that it would turn out very well. But, I bought some yogurt and flour, and made a batch of this 2 ingredient frying pan bread. It was delicious! Here is the very quick and easy recipe – there are pictures at the end.
2 Ingredient Frying Pan Bread
This bread is dense, and a little chewy. Use a good quality yogurt, because that’s what gives the bread its flavour. I used 2% plain Greek yogurt – that’s the highest fat I could find.
Serves 4 Based on the recipe from Buzzfeed
- 1 cup whole-fat plain Greek yogurt (get good quality, you’ll taste its flavour)
- 1 cup self-rising flour , plus 1/4 cup for rolling
- NOTE: To make your own self-rising flour, see instructions below
- In a mixing bowl, mix together yogurt and 1 cup flour until smooth.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface, and cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll out each piece of dough to about 8 inches across – use plenty of flour to keep the dough from sticking
- Heat a medium-sized non-stick frying pan on medium high
- Put a piece of rolled out dough in the frying pan – no oil or butter needed
- Cook each side for 2–4 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve immediately (Also good later!)
How to Make Self-Rising Flour
Mix together the following ingredients
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Making the 2-Ingredient Frying Pan Bread
Roll out the dough – use plenty of flout
Cook the first side in non-stick frying pan (no oil or butter needed), over medium-high, for about 2 minutes
Flip, and cook the other side for about 2 minutes, until cooked through (the first side of this one was a little too brown!)
Remove from the frying pan, cut into wedges, and enjoy!